REAL TALK – 10/9/07
– If it weren’t for my late friend Keith loving them, I would think that admitting to liking Kid A and Amnesiac was a big internet joke that I missed.
– Marion Jones admitted to using steroids. This was a big deal? I could’ve sworn she failed a drug test a while ago. It shouldn’t come as a surprise to anyone. These Olympian women are so filled with testosterone that I doubt any of them are capable of ever having kids.
– Call of Duty 4 will be a better multiplayer FPS than Halo 3.
– Blu-ray and HD-DVD are selling so poorly that by the time the DVD format is actually ready to die, there will be a third-disc format that will come out and destroy them both. At least that’s what I’m hoping. Or every single studio agrees to go exclusive to one format… like tomorrow.
– Soccer will become popular here in the States when both the NFL and MLB are liquidated. In other words, never.
– Taking screenshots in Halo 3 Theater is way more fun than it should be.
– When a student can take a 300-level economics course without taking the prerequisite class, skip two-and-a-half weeks of class, and do the homework solely with the help of Wikipedia, something is wrong.
– I want to go see Blade Runner: The Final Cut in theaters. This unfortunately requires a trek into NYC, so going alone wouldn’t be all that enjoyable. Anyone want to accompany me? No homo.
– Rock Band is going to be too expensive to compete with Guitar Hero III this holiday season. Especially now that the only way to get the drums this year will be to buy the $169.99 package.
– I got my dad to buy a DirecTV HDTV receiver about a year and a half ago. Now we apparently need a new one to get the expanded HD lineup DirecTV is in the middle of adding. This is total bullshit and is a microcosm of the clusterfuck that is the entire hi-def market. Combined with the travesty that is the Blu-ray and HD-DVD battle, no wonder people don’t know what the hell to do when it comes to entertainment anymore.
-Experiencing Castlevania: Symphony of the Night for the first time after playing the numerous GBA/DS incarnations is massively underwhelming.
– Chad Pennington needs to be relieved of his duties as New York Jets QB.
– Amazon.com kicks an incredible amount of ass. I ordered four books, got free shipping, and they all arrived in the mail in two days. So awesome. Fuck Borders forever.
– No one I speak to in real life classifies Children of Men as a “great” movie. I, on the other hand, think it’s one of the best movies I’ve seen in recent years. Maybe I’m part of an internet joke after all.